In 1985, Katherine Manley formed Epilepsy Kingston after her daughter, Jessica, was diagnosed with epilepsy. Frustrated by her family’s attempts to cope and to educate themselves in isolation, she created an organization so others would not have to face the same fear and confusion that they faced on their own.
Epilepsy Kingston was first located in the Manley’s basement, but after receiving overwhelming support from the Kingston community the office was moved to Kidd House, at 100 Stuart St., where it was until April 2016. We are now at 993 Princess St., Unit 14- Suite 1430.
The office has expanded to offer services in all of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington Counties, as well as Leeds & Grenville County. To reflect the wider geographical area that the agency now serves, the agency was renamed the Epilepsy & Seizure Disorder Resource Centre of Southeastern Ontario in 2009. In 2015 we shortened our name Epilepsy South Eastern Ontario. The organization continues to grow in response to the need to provide comprehensive support to all those affected by epilepsy and seizure disorders.