Celebrate epilepsy awareness all of March!
Thank you to all the local businesses who are supporting Epilepsy Awareness in March!
March is Epilepsy Awareness Month in Canada. It’s a great time for anyone with an interest in epilepsy to raise awareness, challenge myths, and help dismantle the stigma of epilepsy. Take a look at our activities planned for March 2019 below:
Expand Epilepsy Awareness Month 2019 SectionEpilepsy Awareness Month 2019
Coffee Way Donuts
Purple Sweet things:
Purchase a limited edition of Purple Sweet Things on every Tuesday of March and a portion of the proceeds go towards our direct client support services.
Purple Day Celebration:
Coffee Way offered free purple sweet things while supplies last – and Epilepsy South Eastern Ontario had a gift bag draw.
City Hall Illumination
In support of Purple Day, on the evening of March 26th, City Hall was lit up purple! Take a photo outside City Hall and post it to our Facebook page (@EpilepsyResourceCentre) to be entered in a draw for a prize!
Kingston Frontenacs Game
ESEO had an Epilepsy Information Kiosk at the Kingston Frontenacs Game on March 15th at 7pm when the Frontenacs took on the Oshawa Generals! Tickets are 15$ each and the Kiosk will help promote Epilepsy Awareness Month.
Online Auction for Purple Blanket
ESEO hosted an online auction on our Facebook Page starting in March to raise awareness for epilepsy! The blanket was handmade by a local artist and the bid started at $25.
Expand Past Events SectionPast Events
Coffee Way Donuts
Purchase a limited edition purple donut from Coffee Way Donuts on select dates and a portion of the proceeds will go to support our direct client support services.
What Can You Do to Celebrate Epilepsy Awareness?
Become a Purple Day Ambassador!
How can you show your support during the month of March for the approximately 1 in 100 living with epilepsy? Here are a few ideas:
- Hold a purple cupcake bake sale, dress down day, purple pancake breakfast or other fundraiser in support of Epilepsy South Eastern Ontario.
- Join our #purplenation social media campaign on Facebook or Twitter. Send us your pics or tag us in pics of you showing your support.
- Request a presentation for your team, organization, classroom or school.
- Paint your nails, colour your hair, wear purple on Purple Day.
- Ask us about purchasing swag to share and promote epilepsy awareness.
Pick up Epilepsy Awareness Bracelets
Pick up your awareness bracelet at any of the following retailers!
- Ellena’s Cafe
- Life Yoga
- Best Western-Fire Side Inn
- Oasis Yoga
- Quesada Burritos and Tacos
- TD Canada Trust
Light Up City Hall